Directorate of Research
Directorate of Research is the nodal authority to plan, implement, monitor, evaluate and coordinate research activities of various departments and Research Stations situated in all agro-climatic zones of the State as well as postgraduate and doctoral research carried out in the university. All research activities on various aspects of horticulture and forestry are carried out on 545 ha of experimental farm attached with the main campus at Nauni, Solan and 202 ha of experimental farms attached with the Zonal Research and Training Stations of the university.
The main responsibilities/functions of the Directorate of Research are:
- To develop and coordinate research in the university, promote inter-disciplinary collaboration in research programs and collaborate with the Directorate of Extension Education in extending the results of various research programmes to the fields.
- To coordinate all research activities conducted within the departments of colleges by members of the staff and post-graduate students in the university through Dean of the Colleges.
- To formulate research plan, policies and programmes in consultation with the Deans and Directors through Research Council of the university.
- To administer control over research staff and funds for pursuance of the research programme.
- To act as a Principal Liaison Officer/ Nodal Officer for dealing with aid-granting agencies for carrying out different research programs/projects in the university.
- To publish research findings of the university, issue press releases pertaining to the research problems and findings and represent the university in Conferences/ Workshops/ Seminars/ Group Meetings regarding research.
- To provide leadership in development and maintenance of research standards of a high level in the university.
The Directorate of Research is headed by the Director of Research stationed at Nauni, Solan, the headquarter of the university. The Director is assisted by Joint Director Research (Horticulture), Joint Director Research (Forestry), Joint Director Research (Planning) and Associate Director (R&E) at the headquarters and by Associate Directors/Incharges of Regional Research and Training Stations and Satellite Research Stations in the State.
Director of Research
Directorate of Research
Dr. Y. S. Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry
Nauni, Solan (HP) 173230
Phone +91 1792 252315(O)
Fax +91 1792 252030
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Dr. Ravinder Sharma
Joint Director (Forestry)
Phone (01792) 252 315 (Office), +91 9418148202
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Satish Kumar Sharma
Joint Director (Horticulture)
Contact No. 9418059929
Dr Rajeshwar Singh Chandel
Joint Director (Research)
on Secondment basis as
Executive Director, Zero Budget Natural Farming, Department of Agriculture, Himachal Pradesh.
Dr Manoj Kumar Vaidya
Nodal Officer ICAR
Phone (01792) 252 315 (Office), +91 94180-61044
Dr. Sat Pal Verma
Principal Farm Manager (Forestry)