The department has been assisting in various training programmes assigned by Directorate of Extension Education from time to time. Large number of extension lectures are delivered in various training programme/ workshops/ conferences/ symposia etc. Organized by the Directorate of Extension Education and other departments of the university by the faculty of the department in their areas of specialization. Radio talks are invariably delivered by the teachers of the department on various theme areas. Besides, the staff is also involved in Kisan Melas and other activities of DEE. Department also organises various training programmes in the area of specialization to the staff of line departments of Agriculture. Further, the department is carrying out the research activities in the field of extension education.
Course Honours/ Awards/ Fellowships
- 3 Faculty members of the Department received fellowship for doctoral and post-doctoral programme from the ICAR and the Ford Foundation under Faculty Improvement Programmes.
- Dr DD Sharma received the Young Scientist award From Indian Society of Extension Education, Pusa, New Delhi on December 29, 2006.
- Dr KK Raina, Associate Professor was on foreign assignment for teaching in Mekelle University, Ethopia from 2.12.2005 to 19.2.2007
- Dr LR Sharma, Professor was on foreign assignment for teaching in University of South Pacific Alafua campus, Samoa from 10.2.2006 to 22.1.2007.
- Dr DD Sharma, Associate professor, attended training on Participatory Project Cycle Management at Tehran, I.R.Iran from 24 Feb.- 02 March,2007.
- Dr Manoj Kumar Vaidya, Associate Professor, presented a paper in 6th International Kiwi symposium at Roturua, New Zealand from Feb. 21 to 23, 2006.
- Dr YS Negi, Professor, attended International seminar on Agriculture in 21st Century at Faislabad, Pakistan from March 14-16, 2006
- Dr YS Negi, Professor, attended International training on Forest Management for Sustainable livelihood at Oxford University, United Kingdom from August 22- 21 Sept.2004.