MISSION, GOALS, & OBJECTIVES
- Strategic, need based and farmer oriented development of horticulture and forestry in Himachal Pradesh through excellence in education and research for food and ecological security, improved livelihood opportunities and economic prosperity of farming communities.
- Human resource development through excellence in education and skill upgradation with intensive practical trainings.
- Creation of sound scientific base for research and extension education in horticulture, forestry and allied sectors.
- Dissemination of generated technologies to farming community through region specific transfer of technology modules.
- Effective management of financial, structural and administrative resources of the university for competitive result oriented initiatives.
- Human resource development in horticulture, forestry and allied sciences.
- Advancement of basic and applied research pertaining to horticulture, forestry and allied sciences.
- Extension and dissemination of scientific information among the rural masses of the state.
- Development of linkages with state, central, international institutions, NGOs, orchardists, farmers and industrialists for ensuring nutritional, economic and ecological security in the state.