The following financial assistance is provided to the students of this university:
- ICAR National Talent Scholarship of 3000/- per month.
- College Merit Scholarship of Rs. 1000/- per month (10% of the enrolment in each class).
- OP Awasthi Memorial Merit Scholarship for one boy student of B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture, College of Horticulture, Solan (Nauni) of Rs.500/- per month.
- Kanti Devi Awasthi Memorial Merit Scholarship for one girl student of B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture, College of Horticulture, Solan (Nauni) of Rs.500/- per month.
- Government of India scheduled caste/ tribe and low-income group stipend through State Education Department. The value of stipend is equivalent to the tuition and other fee.
- Interest free loan for SC/ ST students from H.P. Scheduled Castes and Tribes Development Corporation.
- District Soldier Board stipend (amount of stipend is variable).
- UGC scholarships to the students from Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribe, Other Backward Classes, Persons with Disability category.
- University Merit Scholarship @ Rs 3000/- per month One in each discipline.
- University Stipend @ Rs 2000/- per month awarded to HP domicile Students admitted under normal seats and not getting any financial assistance.
- Shri Lakshman Singh Thakur Memorial Merit Scholarship @ Rs. 2500/- per month awarded to one M.Sc. student in the discipline of Fruit Science specializing in the field of Temperate Fruits.
- ICAR Junior Research Fellowship at the rate of Rs.12640/- per month plus contingent grant of Rs. 6000/- per annum.
- National Talent Scholarship at the rate of Rs. 5000/- per month.
- University Merit Scholarship : Rs. 5000/- PM
(one in each discipline)
- University Stipend : Rs. 2500/- PM
(for HP domiciles not getting any financial assistance)
ICAR/ CSIR Fellowship
Awarded on the basis of All India Competitive Examination conducted by the ICAR/ CSIR to the following programmes:
a) Master's Programme
- ICAR Junior Fellowship : Rs.12640/- PM + contingent grant of Rs. 6000/- per annum
- National Talent Scholarship at the rate of Rs. 5000/-
b) Doctoral Programme
ICAR/ CSIR Senior Fellowship: Rs 15000/- PM + contingent grant of Rs 10000/- per annum
Number of other agencies such as Inspire (DST), Aspee Foundation etc also award fellowship to postgraduate students. The applications for these fellowships are to be submitted to the awarding agencies through the concerned Dean.