Computer Instrumentation Centre (CIC)- About us
Computer Instrumentation Centre (CIC)
Located in the ground floor of Satyanand Stokes Library at the main campus, Computer and Instrumentation Centre provides information technology facilities to all the students and staff of the university. The centre was established in May 1988 with assistance from ICAR under 7th five year plan. It has been playing an important role in imparting computer education at graduate and post-graduate levels since its inception. The centre provides resource sharing and exchange of information facilities (Internet/ Email) to all the academic departments and offices with in the campus through Campus wide Local Area Network with Gigabit Optical backbone. The university has been provided with 1 Gbps leased line connectivity by MHRD under NKN project. It also provides connectivity to National Network of ICAR connecting various SAU's and ICAR research institutes under Agricultural Research Information System (ARIS). Internet facility is also provided through WiFi at the select places such as ARIS Cell College of Horticulture and vicinity around College of Horticulture, ARIS Cell College of Forestry and vicinity around College of Forestry Block-II, In an around the vicinity of Student Centre and Cafeteria and Vicinity around the SNS Library. Training programmes are conducted from time to time for the scientific, administrative and other supporting staff in computer applications and on proper upkeep of laboratory equipment. Geographical Information System (GIS) and Remote Sensing facilities are also available for natural resources management. The centre has an instrumentation cell which provides repair and maintenance services for sophisticated instruments and other laboratory equipments of the university besides maintaining the infrastructure of the centre.
- Teaching computer courses to UG, PG and MBA students.
- Teaching computer as Minor for M.Sc./ Ph. D. Statistics students.
- Need based short term computer training courses to faculty and ministerial staff.
- Development of need based software for statistical analysis for the scientists and students.
- Development maintenance and updation of software for administrative work i.e. Pay Roll, Accounts Reconciliation, Income Reconciliation, GPF, CPF account of employee and student semester report system etc.
- Entrance Examination evaluation and compilation for admission to UG and PG programs.
- Development and maintenance/ updation of university website.
- Managing Campus Wide Local Area Network for resource sharing and information exchange.
- Global Internet access to the scientists, students and other users of the university through NKN leased line connectivity.
- Providing support for software related problems and assistance and guidance in computer hardware related problems.
- Repair of electronic, analytical and laboratory equipments of different department and research station.
Computer training program for ministerial staff
- Number System Manual for Students
- Algorithm & Flowchart Manual for Students
- Linux Manual for Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Computer Security Manual for Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Equipment Maintenance Manual -a first line maintenance guide for Students, Faculty and Staff
- Electrical Safety Manual for Students, Faculty and Staff
Ravi K. Walia
Assistant Professor (SG) & Officer Incharge
Computer & Instrumentation Centre
Dr Y. S. Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry
Nauni-173 230, Distt. Solan (H.P.)
Tel. No. : 91-1792-252159 (Office)
E-Mail : email@example.com